The most difficult ministry a church ever tries is attempting to turn around a dying church. And the second most difficult task is trying to transition a healthy church designed for a past generation into one ready to reach a new generation. Over 80 percent of pastors who attempt it fail and many either leave the church after three years; they’re fired; or they give up.
So, Should You Even Try?
Only if you feel called to do it and you’re passionate enough to wade through the mess.
DON’T ATTEMPT TURNAROUND
UNLESS YOU FEEL IT’S GOD’S WILL
AND YOU’RE TOTALLY COMMITTED TO IT.
IT MAY COST YOU YOUR LIVELIHOOD!
We were faced with opposition
- We faced opposition
- New families wouldn’t stay
- We hit walls
- Conflict was our constant companion
- We lost members
- We felt like we were on our own
And the truth is … if you have what it takes to lead a church turnaround effort, you’ll likely experience most of the same problems and stumbling blocks and walls that we did.
We’ve included tools like:
- Multiple training videos that address the basic steps of a church turnaround
- How-to training docs on leading a turnaround
- Regular church turnaround update emails to keep you motivated and provide just-in-time support
Successful turnarounds are few and far between.
But if you’re convinced God’s calling you to grab a wet tiger by its tail, then sign up below.